18th century house surrounded by 194 acres of woodlands and gardens overlooking the sea 30km north of Dublin city. The garden contains a Victorian conservatory, rose garden, and a walled garden with a 20 alcove fruit wall.
THE ROSE GARDEN
This formal garden was laid out from the Ordnance Survey Map of 1865. A collection of roses has been planted; species and old varieties around the perimeter, climbing roses on the pergola and "Hybrid Ts" and "Floribundas" in the formal beds.
THE WALLED GARDEN
The Walled Garden was originally a Victorian-styled kitchen garden that used to supply the fruit, vegetables and cut flower requirements to the house. It is 1 hectare (2.27 acres) in size and contains a herb garden, vegetable potager and fruit garden.
THE ORNAMENTAL GARDENS
Within the ornamental gardens are a Trellis Garden, Cottage / Irish Garden, Four Seasons Garden and Garden Museum.